Walnut Banana Cake
Check out this simple Walnut Banana Cake Recipe.
1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
2 cups cake floor
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup mashed bananas
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch pan.
- Cream shortening until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually. Blend in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Shift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add vanilla to the evaporated milk. Alternatively add flour mixture and liquid ingredients to cream mixture. Blend in mashed bananas and chopped nuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 mins.