Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
½ cup butter
1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups whole milk
salt and ground black pepper
1 pinch paprika (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked thoroughly but still firm to the bite, 8 minutes.
- Drain and transfer pasta to slow cooker.
- Add butter to the pasta and stir it in until completely melted; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese over the pasta and stir.
- Whisk evaporated milk and eggs together in a bowl until smooth then stir it into the pasta mixture inside the slow cooker.
- Whisk milk and Cheddar cheese soup together in a bowl until smooth then stir that also into the pasta mixture inside the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pasta mixture and add a pinch of paprika.
- Cook on Low setting for 3 hours.
- Some slow cookers make take less time, watch to be sure edges are not getting to brown at around 2 1/2 hours.